Monday, April 18, 2011

Tomorrow's Wise Words....of Today.

Here is Arturo. He is the father of a 6th grader I worked with in a girls' empowerment group my first year here. He used to own a private taxi company, so I would drive with him to and from Copey every now and then. Now he drives a van that transports students in the area. I ran into him my last time in Santa Maria, my nearest town and I was so lucky to drive up to Copey for the last time with him - it was a perfect, late, sunny, afternoon.

Here are his wise words, in talking with him about me leaving and how I felt about my experience and Costa Rica:

"Here in Costa Rica, we live Pura Vida [**the Costa Rican phrase meaning Pure Life, calm, no worries], we don't have many problems in relation to other countries. You know, in the end, if a person has a place to eat, a place to sleep, somewhere to watch their television, they live happily, calmly, they can live in peace."



Hasta luego, readers!

1 comment:

Marian said...

What a wonderful experience! You will cherish these memories.