Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Today as I relinquished my Peace Corps ID that has served as my entire identity for the past 26 months, it hit me - I'm movin' on. And as I left the Peace Corps office after saying some serious heartfelt goodbyes, it also hit me. And after filling my two-page, check-out sheet with important, executive signatures, getting final approval of release, it hit me even more. I got on that bus for the last time and bid adieu to my life that I have known for the last two years.

Signed, sealed, and tomorrow, I will be delivered.

How to express and form words for this experience has not yet come to me. Therefore, I just wanted to post a final farewell from this beautiful country that has penetrated my heart and mind over the past two years. A huge, huge, huge, enormous thank you from the deepest depths of my heart to every person that has affected my life here in Costa Rica. I could not have done it with your support.

Meanwhile as I board the plane tomorrow and see this country fade into the great, expansive distance below, I will ponder, I will reflect, and I will give thanks for all that has become of me. As well as try to come up with a thoughtfully composed cadence of words...something on which I can hang my latest emotions.

Until next time, readers.....in the United States we will meet.

4 comments:

Marian said...

Sad, but what wonderful memories! I will miss calling you in CR!!But, I'm thrilled you will be home! Safe travels!

pennyo'reilly said...

I have enjoyed reading about your adventures over the past 2 years. One of my dear friends just joined the Peace Corps and will be leaving for Africa within the next few months! I passed along your blog to him so he could be read about your experience. I'm so proud of him!
Good luck in all that do.
-Lisa

Tom Stumpf said...

You have left an indelible mark on the villagers of Copey, Reebs, and you are to be highly commended for your altrusim, your dedication, and your selflessness! What a marvelous way to spent two and a quarter years of your young life! An amazingly uncommon accomplishment, to be sure!! I am very proud of what you have done for one small corner of this glorious planet!! :-) :-)

Finog said...

I was searching for my cousin's blog on her travels in Costa Rica this morning and came upon your blog. I'm sad to have read this entry just as you're leaving as it seems you're a good storyteller. Have a safe trip home and enjoyable reconnections there.

Take care!
~R~